Guides by Original Inc.
Welcome.

Take full advantage of everything offered by joining our community if you're not joined yet...

Warning never use your RuneScape password on this website! Thank you!

ReactOS              Molnly10

RuneScape ®️ is a trademark of Jagex ©️ 2000-2023 Jagex Ltd.

Guides by Original Inc.
Welcome.

Take full advantage of everything offered by joining our community if you're not joined yet...

Warning never use your RuneScape password on this website! Thank you!

ReactOS              Molnly10

RuneScape ®️ is a trademark of Jagex ©️ 2000-2023 Jagex Ltd.

Guides by Original Inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guides by Original Inc.

Vision without action is merely a dream. Vision with action can change the world.

HomeLatest NewsSearchRegisterLog in

ReactOS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fivekills
Administrator
Administrator
Fivekills

Language : English

ReactOS              Empty
PostSubject: ReactOS    ReactOS              EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 1:18 am

ReactOS              Reacto10

Please Note: Still is in alpha stage and not a full stable version. The ReactOS is only for testing at this time!

"ReactOS® is a free open source operating system based on the best design principles found in the Windows NT® architecture (Windows versions such as Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012 are built on Windows NT architecture). Written completely from scratch, ReactOS is not a Linux based system, and shares none of the UNIX architecture.

The main goal of the ReactOS® project is to provide an operating system which is binary compatible with Windows. This will allow your Windows® applications and drivers to run as they would on your Windows system. Additionally, the look and feel of the Windows operating system is used, such that people accustomed to the familiar user interface of Windows® would find using ReactOS straightforward. The ultimate goal of ReactOS® is to allow you to use it as alternative to Windows® without the need to change software you are used to."

Website link:
ReactOS

ReactOS              Virtua10 Virtualbox
Installing a Operating Systems without removing your main OS

ReactOS              Untitl10

See other builds & newer builds that are being built by the community.
http://reactos.org/getbuilds

Last edited by Fivekills on Thu May 01, 2014 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://original-inc.forumotion.com/forum
Fivekills
Administrator
Administrator
Fivekills

PostSubject: Re: ReactOS    ReactOS              EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 12:22 am

About This Thread:
Please Note: Thread will have a task list limit of 20 adjustment actions posted below.
☻ (Reason for EDIT) Some community comments have been added into the body below to offer better feedback when reading over large content it to save time.
☻ (Reason for EDIT) Thread titles have been adjusted.

I welcome all comments over this topic & if you feel anything is wrong please let me know in your posting(s).

Name: Fivekills
► 1 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪
☻ Build: ReactOS-0.3.16-REL-iso
☻ Thread Last Updated: 4/25/2014
☻ (Thread Status): COMPLUTED
☻ [Task total left] = 0

Thread Linking:
► 1 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪" : Your On
► 2 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪" : http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13259&p=108295#p108295
► 3 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪" : http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13269&p=108422#p108422
► Website ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪ : http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13250

INTRO:
Please note: To everyone reading thread. Thank you, for taken the time out of your busy day to read from- Fivekills. Smile

Look & feel is a big part of the reason people have change OS's & support the people building with growing the OS builders community outwards, (DO NOT MISSUNDESTAND and think I'm saying they are not doing a good job on ReactOS), Now with so much going on with the ReactOS & nothing really being done on getting around to smooth out in a Basic_End_User_Way. This starts to be a problem & have people not come back to the OS for years to come could be a problem in it self. ► (Meaning people that might of supported the OS in the beta, have dropped off the could of Support list). This makes doing improvements come to builds lower & not as faster with giving more whole limited community support. This would also bring in more builders wanting to work on the ReactOS, other than working on there own projects for themselves that is working on C++ etc like Unix/Linux project code that never gets shared with the whole community at large... Even though its still in beta does not mean it can't have better floor plans or support plans built into the root of the OS planning stages. What I would like to see happen in the coming build days.

WindowsXP fanboys
Lets STOP TRYING TO MAKE ReactOS the same as Windows XP & if you wish to play in the XP world a theme editor should be made for all windows themes up to Windows metro. (Lets STOP the best OS fight and make a editor for all windows editions people just for the ReactOS) Very Happy

ReactOS              50660a10
Late Apple OS safety patches make me do this...

WEBSITE suggestions:
Quote :
Website topics have been moved to new location on the ReactOS Website forum. Click the website page link to view: http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13250

ReactOS new suggestions:

Quote :
Desktop Category lock
1. Everyone knows when there desktop gets moved around & they don't like & have to re-organize, by right clicking on view there should be a category lock box that can be turned off & on. Once its turned on you can right click on your desktop icons & lock them into place so they do not move. Now by doing this will open a new option when right clicking on your icons that will only appear once the category lock is turned on!

SYSTEM BOOTUP:

Quote :
Boot-loader
2. Please add a Advance dial-log option by hitting F8 or whatever you pick on the boot-loader this way non-builders will not see this area without hitting the advanced option key. (Not a big thing but it would make the OS Boot-loader look more clean) in my opinion.

When Booting up ReactOS
3. Change Reacts loading screen bar color from white to a darker color & also add Animation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWlrz1eEIYs&feature=youtu.be ReactOSLogo by Whitequill Riclo

APPLICATION CENTER:

Quote :
Software Updater
4. As you might know the ReactOS is limited & can't allows use up to date software. So we could Allow a software updater to have Scan rights to the ReactOS Applications Manager this could help maintain our operation system & help keep it stable.

ReactOS Applications Manager
5. When looking over the Available for installation list, there is allot of old software that should be moved over to its own table. Example: Categories "Office", "Drivers" and "Development" etc.. There should be category called "Old versions. Maybe give the OS application manager a point arrow that will expend and show the old software versions on a drop list. (Hopefully that is clear enough).

Basic image example that can be tweaked below:
ReactOS              Untitl37

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Milon: About the richedit bugs: Look at JIRA and search for 'richedit'. There's a bunch of bugs just dealing with the ReactOS richedit control. I'm positive it's not a VirtualBox problem since I run WinXP in VirtualBox at my work, and I've had no trouble with richedit controls there. That means it's a ROS bug.
\/ --------------------BELOW-----------------------------------\/

ReactOS Applications Manager
6. The recommended links are not click-able in the manager, as you see in the image above. Please make the website to go to links click-able. Black-Fox said it could be do to a ReactOS richedit bug.

ReactOs Internet explore
7. This topic has been completed & can not be done!

When installing the ReactOS you will notice no internet explore. Add (Wine Internet Explorer) shortcut to the desktop. Z98 Said: Wine since we get it from Wine. Question: Z98 is there anyway around doing this for (Example:) the Microsoft Skype product gives a installer icon on the desktop on a new pre-installed computer is there anyway of adding a Wine system like that to the ReactOS? Other than having it auto detect on install for you. This way the product is not installed until you wish it to be or you can remove the icon & never install just like the pre-installed OEM computer SYSTEMs. I think that might be a better way of doing this, since Wine is set to your default to download once the ReachOS has been detected & installed & auto actives offers the user a software notice. when the system has network hooked-up... This way even hitting next click box, the pop-up will notice and active the icon download linking to be auto removed & replace with a active one that opens the app... I might be thinking over my head! Since Wine updates their platform so often...

Black_Fox wrote:
WINE libraries cannot be "installed" on ReactOS, they are a part of ReactOS source code, added by developers. The thing that can be installed in the end of the GUI wizard is only WINE browser support.

ReactOS DESIGN PROBLEMS:

Quote :
OS Search Interaction
8. Have you ever notice when trying to backspace etc.. inside the system it does not responded back to you with mouse clicks? This might be due from the Operating System losing the folder & address locations. - (AKA System tray information could be improved on). This does not work in my Oracle VM VirtualBox V4.3.10

Desktop Refresh edit type actions like deleting
9. Once you delete a item or items once the act-ion is completed the screen should refresh for you. This way we don't see the old deleted data that has been left over because the OS did not refresh the screen to show the action take place on it's own acored.

Folder Active Linking
10. In many areas in the OS it does not show active icons that meaning my example. Right click (View) there is no dot showing what size is picked & active & Adding no to this - there is no medium desktop view.

ReactOS Explore
11. (A) Add the ReactOS main OS tools into Administrative tools that is under the start menu.
(B) Remove when right clicking on task menu bar "About explore..." as the extra box does not need to be there!
ReactOS              Untitl39

Compressed zipped folder
12. Please add a compression zip into where we right click & make new folders.

Screen size recommended
13. Please make a recommended screen resolution & make the default color setting auto True Color (32 bit) when installing the OS for the first time. - (Community Question): Could this be a VM VitrualBox issue on having the default auto set itself to 16 bit?

Virtual Memory
14. (A) There is [NO] active information in Virtual Memory.
(B) There is [NO] Active Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.

Black_FOX said: [NO] active information in Virtual Memory. This information has recently been added into daily builds (http://prntscr.com/3cdra5

ReactOS              Untitl38

Volume Control Sound
15. The ReactOS system does not recognize if NO speakers are plugged in the computer & does not X out the speaker icon!. Also since your at it system icons Example: Volume Control etc.. Could be updated to look better in the OS & make it feel more like whoever is working on it cares about there project more!

Choose Explorer windows mode
16. SDI (Single Document Interface) - This option does not work & when you try to open my computer the whole box will turn white & you will have to put MDI (Multiple Document Interface) Back on for you to engage in the operating system once again once you close the area you where in of course. (This might be My VM VirtualBox Problem!)

Display Limits
17. When opening apps like the "Properties for Display" , "My Computer" etc... sometimes they wall hide under the menu toolbar when opening at times, this should not happen & needs to be fixed unless the user has moved the app into that possession themselves. At this time anytime you open up any kind of app it will randomly open up on the desktop display with no set placements. - Maybe have a save app placements on desktop until system has restarted for all system apps... When doing so apps still should open up in set placements other than turning random... (This also can be a problem when you put apps into full screen).

ReactOS              Reacto11

System tools
18. ReactOS built in system tools tab for later use. Even though it might not be used right away, it still can have a message saying this area will be used later on.

ReactOS              Reacto12

Folder Options:
19. Control panel > Folder Options > View tab... There is nothing inside the "Advanced settings:" folder option pick box to even do anything with it. This should be addressed... along side that being said. The click action boxes for example like "Advanced" or "Restore" does not even bring out a pop-up box when clicked on, saying at lest do you wish to (Reset all options to default). no pop-up box... in other words its just placed in the system with no real backing placed on it, other than to have it feel little more like windows 3.1...

Double Boxed
20. Remove the double boxing, as its overly annoying to ME!... That's my opinion now If it bugs anyone else. Please let the developers know in this thread also!. That way the developers might fix it faster for us! As it drives me Bananas. Razz As there is no option to changed it from happening inside ReactOS design sage.

ReactOS              Untitl44

ReactOS              Untitl45

Last edited by Fivekills on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fivekills
Administrator
Administrator
Fivekills

PostSubject: Re: ReactOS    ReactOS              EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 1:32 am

Please Note: Thread will have a task list limit of 20 adjustment actions posted below.

About This Thread:
☻ (Reason for EDIT) Fixing the body of the page for easier reading.

► 2 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪
☻ [Task total left] = 0

INTRO

Hello everyone I'm Fivekills. I welcome all comments & thank you, for your time out of your busy day to read what I've write. Hopefully you found what I've listed beneficial to ReactOS builds & helping it get fixed. If you wish to read more of what I have to say. You may look at the following threads & added quick-links.

Thread Linking:
► 1 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪" : http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13249
► 2 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪" : Your On
► 3 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪" : http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13269&p=108422#p108422

ReactOS              Thumbn12
Courage makes heroes, but trust builds friendship.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Community theme voting:

Quote :
1. I would like to see what the community can come up with and add colorSchemes into the main ReactOS ISO on install. The ones with the best VOTES will be placed into the next build release. even though ColorScheme is not a big thing its something! & it can move into compaction art work for the OS & put a limit on how much wallpaper the OS will hold like 50 winners over time. (Later on the OS could open a background website for the OS made by the community). Once it gets stable. (This would also help the community design team come together & this might be the start of great things!). Smile

System Tasks:

Quote :
Hovering control.
2. When hovering over boxes for a limited time a box should appear & tell you what it does, at this time there is no hovering information in the ReactOS system. This can leave you wondering sometimes on what is the goal of the task its trying to complete...

Name change for the "Explore".
3. Change name to ("File Explore") There also could be improvements to this & offer it more like a ReactOS system editor tool as wall as doing its job as a file explore for the React system that even offers quicker way to get into system edit options like "richedit". So I feel the name should change from "Explore" as it makes you feel its a network browser not a system tool. (NEXT TOPIC) ---> ReactOS Explorer also gives [+] on the Disc (D:) even though no media has been read in the system drive, Is there anyway for the system to index this and remember what has been done?

Menu "Help" place movement.
4. Please move "Help" into the programs as its in a permanent placement on the start menu & taking up start menu room & it could also due with a name change to "React help".

Properties for Display (Pictures).
5. When clicking on the "Browse.." box it should take you right into the Picture folder the system and not into the (C:). Where all the System main files are at & placed! This also should keep the system address of the background in the properties for Display for the desktop wallpaper you've picked unless the wallpaper has been deleted or removed from the systems saved location address than maybe keep it as a temp location until a new one has been picked by the user.

None working applications!
6. When a app has stopped working the system Manager does not bring up what you've opened to kill the tree of software to make the system recover.

ReactOS Multimedia Player.
7. Please have the app forward itself to the music folder! - As it is now. You have no music and you hit play it will take you to system32.

Notice Flash.
8. When you have a app open like a system app & you click the app under the one you meant to be on it will flash one time, offering you a clue or notice that you have to deal with me first before you can move on.

Command Prompt "Tree" Command.
9. You can not hit tree in the command Prompt offering locations of software! that could mean if you don't know the OS forwards & backwards, you can not work in the command prompt full time. This could be one of the main problems with the OS not being able to move around smooth as its not keeping the OS Ecosystem from working 100% correct. (As this keeps file location). (NEXT TOPIC) ---> When installing & booting up a new ReactOS system. Now, is there anyway to make a full working index system by it logging all the main system index parts. As it can broke off & add extensions later on to the underling index system for full working compatible order?

My Documents.
10. Please make "My Documents" on start menu be double click-able to enter & nothing else needs to be changed other than having a My Documents folder inside it, as its missing in "My Documents"... (Confusing I know)  Shocked  

Character Map.
11. When hovering or clicking on a character it should say how to make it & i'm not sure why there is a help box on the right side of font:

Interface opening.
12. Each time you open a interface the screen box will turn blue for a second now, is their anyway to stop the blue flashing from happening as it's buggy on the eyes?

System side information.
13. When looking over files their should be a option to pick to tell you about the software you've click on that ban have a toggle on/off in views.

Properties for Mouse.
14. Add more schemes to the mouse & it does not mean it has to be a large number.

Drag-&-Drop.
15. Desktop drag-&-Drop does not allow me to move icons around on desktop.
- Community question: VM problem or you experiencing this too?

Temp.
16. Please move the Temp folder into the ReactOS systems as their is no reason to have it where its at.

Desktop Removal.
17. Question is there a real reason that the following shortCuts are even on the desktop on installation & not set into the start menu? My Network Places | My Documents | Command Prompt |

Preformats Tools:

Quote :
Preformats Tools.
18. As the title says. cleaning tools are not setup at all & could be setup in the OS but would not meet the developers goal at this time frame to its full working order... This should get worked on at lest just to start them off...

System Turn off & power Saving:

Quote :
Power...
19. Please make Energy Saving features more modern. As this is one of key rule that people use allot. (Laptops & other Low-end products).  

Power Options.
20. Please make a all in one pop out box for |Power | Sleep | Log Off | Restart | Hibernate |

Last edited by Fivekills on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fivekills
Administrator
Administrator
Fivekills

PostSubject: Re: ReactOS    ReactOS              EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 1:35 am

Please Note: This thread will have a task list limit of 20 adjustment actions posted in the content below.

About This Thread:
☻ (Reason for EDIT) Fixing the body of the page for easier reading.

► 3 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪
☻ [Task total left] = 4

ReactOS              Public10I'm friends with the monster! ReactOS              Untitl62

INTRO:

Hello everyone I'm Fivekills. I welcome all comments & thank you, for your time out of your busy day to read what I've write. Hopefully you found what I've listed beneficial to ReactOS builds & helping it get fixed. If you wish to read more of what I have to say. You may look at the following threads & added quick-links.

Thread Linking:
► 1 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪" : http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13249
► 2 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪" : http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13259
► 3 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪" : Your On

Hardware tools & features:

Quote :

-------------------------------------------

React update for device installations
2. "ReactOS update" When opening the ReactOS update a software checker detector box with offer options will appear on screen & here is a example below:

Basic:
(-) ReactOS (Recommend) update software list.
(-) Install Driver automatically.

Advanced:
(-) Automatically try to detect missing (Drivers/Software).
(-) Install Driver from Specific location.

Welcome Screen
3. The welcome screen with wall have two parts. (A) Welcome Screen (B) Tip screen at the very bottom (Example) photo below:

ReactOS              Untitl46

System build tool action box
4. Inside the (Menu > Program) > Add & Remove client system trey so a OS builder s(he) wall have all the tools needed in one place, other than having them all over the OS for quicker building & linking & if you don't wish to do that please fix this problem than as you can see in the example photo below. As it does not close the boxes down once you leave the tray with your mouse.

ReactOS              Untitl47

System Tweaks:

Quote :
Send To
5. Community question: My Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Documents and Settings.... Default User & Administrator have Send to empty folders. do they really need to be their?

Desktop folder not setup right etc....
6. My Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Documents and Settings.... All 3 user bases listed in this writing are not setup right, and if you go into desktop the desktop its not working in full order as it does not list everything on the desktop so its not working in full order... Along with many more issues that are not setup right in this area. and the 3 need to fix areas are. > 1. Administrator | 2. All Users | 3. Default User

Administrative Tools
7. Please add all the administrative tools in the start menu to the right locations.

NO right click (Network)
8. No right click for information over networking. ReactOS              Untitl48

Download Management
9. Please fix the download management on ReactOS. As it does not work right when trying to get software from the net correctly.

View options:
10. In the "View" options allow end-users to hide the address bar.

Menu Double Click
11. Please make "My Documents" & all it's folders double click-able to quick enter folder areas in the start menu.
- Downloads , - My Music , - My Pictures , - My Videos

File Rename Issue:
12. When trying to highlight a name with your mouse the user is not allowed to highlight without being kicked off the folder naming possess . Please fix this issues. (As you can not highlight & pest etc...) without being kicked said once again.

Folder types
13. Please add more folder types in the right click new folder tab.

Trash
14. When you delete stuff from your ReactOS and you add to your trash. the apps icons despair in the trash can and do not show up. Please fix the trash so it works correct. Thanks

Entertainment:

Quote :
Entertainment
15. Add little more signal player games into the system menu.

Flash Player

16. Please add Adobe flash player into the ReactOS to be supported!

EXTRA TASKS LEFT OVER:

Quote :
Title

Title

Title

Title

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ReactOS    ReactOS              Empty

Back to top Go down

ReactOS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guides by Original Inc. :: Feedback, Discussion & Suggestions :: User feedback :: Technology :: Operating Systems :: Opensource-
Jump to: